Targeted writing and editing in environmental and agricultural sciences.
About Joy Drohan
I’ve been lightening the loads of clients in environmental and agricultural sciences with targeted, award-winning writing and editing for more than 20 years. I have an M.S. in Environmental Pollution Control from Penn State University.
Other relevant experience:
- Writer/editor for what is now Penn State Institutes of Energy and Environment
- Copy editor for a government services contractor for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Forestry extension associate for University of Maryland Cooperative Extension
I typically work with the Chicago Manual of Style, but I also use APA style.
- National Park Service
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Penn State University
- University of Delaware
- University of Maine
- University of Maryland
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Wesley College
- Island Press
- W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- WLA Studio
- Blank Space, LLC
- Li/Saltzman Architects, PC
- Sand County Studios
- Southwick Associates, Inc.
- The Conservation Fund
- Grand Canyon Association
- Alliance of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Science Societies
- Carnegie Institution
- Geological Society of America
Blue Ribbon Award for Publications-American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
National Association of Science Writers Travel Fellowship
National Association of Science Writers
Editorial Freelancers Association
American Copy Editors Society
M.S., Environmental Pollution Control
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
B.S., Biology, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA